I think it’s been a long time since I go to any salon to do my makeup for wedding receptions, I usually just do it myself. When you learn the basic and have gained the confidence of experimenting with different looks, I think it’s better to trust yourself than other people who might not be familiar with your features. You’re the only person who knows best what works and doesn’t work on your face, right?
Now if you have a wedding reception to go to this weekend and is looking for a makeup inspiration, check out this picture of Vanessa Hudgens looking gorgeous in this sultry, copper-bronze makeup.
Image from allure.com
To recreate the look, you can use
- Your favorite primer, foundation and concealer
- Apply copper eyeshadow on your lids to the crease. Try MAC Coppering eyeshadow
- Put dark brown eyeshadow on the crease, such as Bobbi Brown Chocolate
- Fill your eyebrows with your favorite brow pencil and put shimmery eyeshadow as below your brow bones. You can use Stila Kitten All Over Shimmer Powder, which is technically not an eyeshadow but works well for this purpose.
- Use dark brown eyeliner, my favorite is Urban Decay 24/7 in Bourbon (it’s got tiny, gorgeous gold flecks)
- Dust some peach blush on the apples of your cheeks and blend well. Deszell’s recommendation is Nars Gina blush
- Tone down the look by swiping a beige gloss such as Sariayu Alun Serunai Liquid Lip Color.
For hair, I think with this makeup, the kind of softly blow-dried hair that Vanessa Hudgens is sporting in this picture is the perfect match.
Not quite there yet with the makeup skill? Bring this picture to your go-to makeup artist and ask him/her to recreate it for you!
Have a nice weekend everyone!